Most alternative medical heath providers agree that using certain herbal teas during pregnancy is a great way to support optimal pregnancy health. Herbal teas can often provide an additional source of nutrients and the regular consumption of these teas may help prevent pregnancy complications such as preeclampsia, preterm labor, prolonged labor, and postpartum hemorrhage.
Birth & More Herbal Pregnancy Teas may contain:
- Red Raspberry Leaf: Rich in iron, this herb has helped tone the uterus, increase milk production, decrease nausea, and ease labor pains. Promotes uterine health during pregnancy.
- Peppermint Leaf: Helpful in relieving nausea/morning sickness and flatulence.
- Rose Hips: Very good source of Vitamin C and helps boost the immune system.
- Alfalfa: Has Vitamin A, D, E and K; particularly good in later pregnancy to boost Vitamin K, which helps prevent postpartum hemorrhage.
- Nettles: High in vitamins A, C, K, calcium, potassium and iron.
Please convo me if you would like me to create a special blend (i.e. replace peppermint with spearmint).
Bag of tea makes approximately 30 cups of tea.
As with most things, it is always best to talk with your midwife or doctor about any herbal teas that you are interested in drinking.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. The FDA requires that I state the following: Warning: The safety of this product has not been determined.